Americanism Essay Contest
A program of the Elks’ Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee, this contest is geared towards students in 5th through 8th grades to promote patriotism among young people.
“What does it mean to love your country?”
Use this as the core theme of your essay.
- Eligible participants must be Students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques will be awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Winners will be announced at the Grand Lodge Session in Atlanta July 3-6, 2022.
Click the large button below to download the application materials. All applications must include the coverpage to identify the student and local Elks Lodge it is submitted to. Essay should be submitted to your nearest local Elks Lodge on/before December 15, 2021.