On April 30, 2023, members of the Maine Elks were invited to attend a seminar conducted by the Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Lottery Operations at the Waterville Elks Lodge #905. The purpose of the event was to provide direct answers to questions Elk Lodge Officers and Members may have regarding the State of Maine’s liquor licensing requirements and laws. Over 40 members from Lodges across southern and central Maine attended, and the program was very informative and well received.
Three liquor inspectors were available to provide handouts on the Seller/Service Courses the Bureau offers, along with information on identifying fake ID’s, and rules on liquor advertising, licensee requirements, Alcohol-Related Logs for On-Premises Licensees, requirements for Fraternal Organizations, and a reference booklet on the Maine Administrative Liquor Laws. Many questions were asked by the members, and answers were provided. Below are some of the handouts, brochures, and booklets that were made available:
- Alcohol-Related Occurrence Log for On-Premises Licensees (To log refusals to serve, and other issues identified by local seller-servers)
- Fraternal & Social Club Liquor Rules and Information
- Identifying and Legally Retaining Fake ID’s
- Legal Age for Alcohol in Maine Poster
- Maine Administrative Liquor Laws-Reference Booklet-2021 (This should be at every Lodge)
- Maine Seller-Server Affidavit (Required for all seller-servers, bartenders, etc.)