A Tradition of Giving: The BPO Elks
The youth-oriented, charitable, and community service programs of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks are all-encompassing. Here is a partial list of our charitable work.
- Youth Programs – Elks “Hoop Shoot” – Scholarships – Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts – Campfire Girls
- Athletic Programs – Little League – Football – Basketball – Bowling – Boxing – Wrestling – Golf – Swimming – Special Olympics – Summer Camps – Soccer
- Medical Assistance for Children – Hospital – Blood Bank – Eye Glasses – Hearing Aids – Prosthetic Devices – Physical Therapy Scholarships – Wheelchairs – Support Groups
- Patriotic Programs – Flag Day – Memorial Day – Constitutional Awareness
- Veterans Programs – Picnics – Outings – Athletic Events – Special Equipment – In-Hospital Activities
- Community Service Programs – Donation of Lodge Facilities – Food Baskets – Senior Citizen Programs – Citizen of the Year Recognition – Law Enforcement Officer Recognition – Teacher and Student Recognition
- Drug Awareness Programs – Aimed at educating children in the primary grades of grammar school about the dangers of drugs Materials also available in high school as well as doctors offices, hospitals, clinics, and similar institutions and offices open to the public.
- “PENNIES FOR PEARL” Pearl Harbor Restoration Fund.PGER Mike Luhr has challenged every Elk to donate $1.00 per member to this fund. The ultimate goal is to raise $783,000.00. The Pearl Harbor National Memorial in Hawaii is in need of upgrades to help honor the service and dedication of Americans whose profound contribution to our nation will never be forgotten, so that generations to come will know and appreciate the sacrifices that were made. For more information